The future blur and full or fear.

*

Through the conversation at the end of the gelato talking, the question was so innocent, yet the three of us remained in silence for a couple of seconds.

"Do you have a plan for your future? What do you want to achieve in your life?"

He asked her with a very timid voice yet determined to know the answer. He might get lost in his track, and just merely asked her advice. But the question was like a needle, poking her in the spot she didn't want to bother just at that moment. The boy, next to her, was in silent. The girl, next to the one who threw the question, me myself, was also, indeed, in silent.

Seconds tickled and there, I found my self-reflects on what I'd done for a couple of years after the graduation day. Where am I now? Where do I want to go?

"But, you, you seem like you know what you do. Somehow I believe that you know what you want and how to get it." He was pointing at me, with those statements, just before I could recall everything or collect my answers. That was prejudice, but I couldn't deny his remarks. 

It seemed that at that moment [I wish] I knew what I want to do, and indeed, somehow, I believed that I knew what I want to do. The universe converses and I am just merely doing my best to follow my gut and keep walking in the direction of the day after tomorrow. And just like that, my heart recites those words, over and over again, 'till the universe hears it and compromises with me.

"I just want to be happy with everything I do for the living." She said, finally, with uncertainty in her voice. And the boy next to her was deep in thought I wondered what comes to his mind.

*

But are you happy now?

No comments:

Post a Comment